Nimbuzz for Blackberry runs as a native application and enables you to connect with all your friends from the most popular social networks and IM communities like Skype, Facebook, WLM (MSN), MySpace, Yahoo, Gtalk and many more!
Here’s what the new app does for you:
- runs in background – allowing you to be online and available to your friends while writing an email, watching a movie or updating your agenda
- connects you to all your friends – stay in touch with all your friends from the most popular social networks and instant messaging communities
- brings home screen notification – whenever you receive a chat and the app is running in background you will see a notification on your home screen
- auto-reconnects – whenever you lose the connection Nimbuzz will try to reconnect you switching between 3G, 2G or Wi-Fi searching for an available internet connection
- “Clickable” URL’s – for a complete online experience you can open the links from chats or personal messages
Edocrab, a free barcode scanner for BlackBerry, is now available as a public beta. This application is ad-supported as you can see in the screenshots above, but the ads don’t really interfere with the usage of edocrab.
In addition, you can also create lists or view a history of searched items.
For a beta, edocrab seems to work nicely and offers some great features. It took me a few times to get the barcode to scan properly, but I was doing it in an area that wasn’t very well lit. Once I moved the barcode was clear enough for edocrab to scan and quickly get results.
Edocrab works better with the BlackBerry Curve 8900, Storm and Tour because of their auto-focus capabilities, but you can still use it with devices that don’t have auto-focus by using the manual search options.
OTA download: here
Bring the power of the most trusted source for financial information to your BlackBerry, along with tools to help you analyze the world’s markets.
That source is now available to you on your BlackBerry. Bloomberg offers news, stock quotes, company descriptions, market leaders/laggers, price charts, market trends analysis, customized list of stocks and more.
- New Features:
Full support for Storm devices, including zoom & pan of charts using finger swipes
Equity Index Futures in "Markets"
Fractional positions in "My Stocks"
Option to clear stock history in "Stock Finder"
Option to change the "My Stocks" column order using the column order from the home screen
Show status of background story downloading
Change the default "News" pre-fetch setting to WiFi only (to change go to the
News Settings from the News Screen)
Maintain custom settings and personal stocks after an OS upgrade
Many performance & reliability improvements
To zoom a chart on non-touch device use the alt key and the pearl together.
-If you have problems upgrading
Try deleting the bloomberg mobile application (Options:Advanced Options:Applications) and reinstalling. Stocks added to "MyStocks" should be preserved.
-No run button in Appworld
If you have downloaded Bloomberg and cannot see the run button, try launching it directly from the "downloads” folder on the device desktop.
-Application runs but does not display data
From your desktop you will see an options icon
Go to Options / Security Options / Firewall to reset the firewall.
Go to Options / Advanced Options / Applications / Bloomberg Mobile/ Edit Permissions to change the required application permissions to Allow.
Click here and get the free application
There is a cool free app this weekend called SmartBBattery. The app is simple – it places an icon on your screen that displays you current battery status. The icon changes color (green, yellow or red) depending on your charge, and also shows the remaining battery life as a percentage. Thats all there is to it. SmartBBattery is a no frills app that gets the job done.
Minimum Requirements: The app works on all devices running OS4.2 or higher.
- To start SmartBBattery just enter the application and after that hit the Back button
- To stop SmartBBattery enter the application and select menu option "Exit"
- * Battery charge status as percent on home screen application icon
- * Battery status automatic update
- * Three different icons depending on the battery status
- * green (battery status more than 80%)
- * yellow (battery status between 20% and 80%)
- * red (battery status less than 20%)
- * Easy to use
Note: due to OS limitation, when using Zen-theme in some OS versions, the icon won’t be automatically updated until focused
160 x 160, 240 x 160, 240 x 240, 240 x 260, 240 x 320, 320 x 240, 360 x 480, 480 x 320, 480 x 360
4.2, 4.3, 4.5, 4.6, 4.7 Non-Touch, 4.7 Touch Screen, 5.0
Download SmartBBattery free for all devices>>