A new version of YouMail Visual Voicemail Plus App for BlackBerry smartphones has been released, now it stays at version 2.3.4, and is available for free download in BlackBerry App World. The update now allows users to access some website content right from the BlackBerry.
New features added into the updated version are:
- In-App community Greetings – Customers can easily browse, search. With a few clicks, YouMail users can let people know they’re in a meeting or on a plane during the day, while turning on humorous greetings (including “Rickrolling”) for friends and family at night.
- Number Search – YouMail has also added one-click search within its BlackBerry application. YouMail users now need only choose the “Caller Search” menu option to search for more info on the caller’s phone number.
I have tried the upgraded version, it really brings me much convenience and enjoyment! It is a pretty helpful voicemail application for every BlackBerry user.
For more info or to download, visit BlackBerry App World!
If you’ve ever had an issue with an App or met some problem when using your BlackBerry, or had some opinion on BlackBerry functions or features, or anything that you would like RIM to hear, now you can voice all your opinions to RIM with the new BlackBerry Feedback Tool. The new BlackBerry Feedback Tool will let you voice be heard from anywhere on your device:
Express yourself with the BlackBerry Feedback Tool – a feedback application especially for your BlackBerry! Once you download the BlackBerry Feedback Tool, it is available in your device menu at all times and can be used to send feedback on BlackBerry features, functions and applications at any time! We want to hear from you!
Let RIM know what are you thinking and what’s bugging you to help make BlackBerry a much better platform. The App supports most devices, however, it is only available for Canada, UK and US users currently.
For more info or to download the new BlackBerry Feedback Tool, head over to BlackBerry App World.
The free Audi Roadside App has been released with several great features to help users connect directly with Audi and its roadside assistance from their BlackBerry devices. The App leverages the Audi customer’s pre-registered vehicle information, a smartphone’s GPS capabilities and an intuitive interface to ease calls for roadside assistance. It provides an easy solution for Audi owners to make good use of the free roadside assistance services when necessary.
- Vehicle registration – Drivers simply provide their Audi’s vehicle identification number (VIN) and some basic personal information to register the App with their customer information on file. This provides Audi Roadside Services your specific details when you request service, and greatly shortens the time it takes to dispatch service.
- Audi Roadside Assistance – With a few simple steps, the driver selects the type of service they require (e.g. jump start, fuel delivery, tire change or tow) and the App locates the driver via the smart phone’s GPS capabilities. The assistance request is sent to the Audi Roadside Assistance dispatcher as the call is connected to enable the dispatcher to provide faster service. Once the dispatch is complete, the App captures and conveniently stores the dispatch details, including the name of the roadside provider en route to the customer and estimated time of arrival.
- Dealer Locator – For convenient access to dealer information, the App allows users to search for dealers nearby or within a given city. The App displays the dealer’s name, location, hours of operation and phone number. With one touch, the user can display nearby dealers on a map or immediately call the dealer. This is particularly helpful when a service appointment is required immediately.
For more info or to free download Audi Roadside App, head over to BlackBerry App World.
RIM has announced in their official blog that the free BlackBerry Podcasts App has been updated to version 1.5. The update is now available for all North American users, a lot of new features that let you search for, browse and listen to many well known podcasts right on your BlackBerry have been added into this new version:
- Web podcast search
Looking for that elusive feed? No problem – we’ve integrated Google® search. Now you can quickly search the web for podcasts and RSS feeds to supplement the built-in BlackBerry Podcast catalog. You just select “Add Podcast Channel” within the menu, then type in the feed (or keyword) you are looking for and you will invoke an RSS Google Search from within the app. Another great option is to simply cut and paste the podcast URL, if you already know it, and away you go!
- Improved Content Presentation within Categories
We currently have over 3,000 feeds and growing – with many categories having over 100 feeds each! When presenting content within categories, the first 40 listings in each category will be “featured content” – a combination of the most popular feeds and RIM-programmed feeds. This helps you find the most compelling content first! However, if you prefer to go through all in alphabetical order, you can select “All Channels” to see all content within the category. It’s now easier than ever to find the podcast you’re looking for with v1.5 of the BlackBerry Podcast app!
- Preview or Play while downloading
You don’t have to wait for the entire podcast to download before you can hit play to enjoy the latest feed. You can now preview or play at the same time that you are downloading, just to make sure that you’re downloading exactly what you want to hear.
Jessie Categories: Free Apps / Themes BB App World, BlackBerry Podcasts, BlackBerry Podcasts 1.5, Free Blackberry App, Inside BlackBerry, North America, Podcasts, RIM, RSS Feeds, Version 1.5, Web Podcasts
The 2011 BlackBerry World Conference in May is right around the corner, whether you are planning to attend it or not, you can now find the free Mobile Guide App available in BlackBerry App World. With it, you can stay up to date with any news on the BlackBerry World Conference:
The 2011 BlackBerry® World Mobile Conference Guide is an easy way to look up the full breakout session catalog, keynote speakers, community speakers, read up on conference sponsors plus create your schedule before getting to the event. You won’t miss a beat with the apps Event Messages and social channels – all this right from your BlackBerry® device. This will be your onsite tool to fill out surveys, review conference maps, connect with other people attending the conference and even find nearby attractions and restaurants in Orlando FL. This conference app will automatically update you when there are schedule changes, and synchronize with your conference calendar in the My Scheduler tool on your desktop.
Please note: Access to some features are restricted to registered users of the 2011 BlackBerry® World conference.
For more information or to download the BlackBerry World Mobile Guide, head over to BlackBerry App World.
Research In Motion (RIM) announced BlackBerry Travel, a new App that provides BlackBerry smartphone users with an all-in-one integrated and contextual experience as they plan, book and manage their travels and itineraries while on the go.
“The BlackBerry Travel app is set to be the next must-have tool for travelers, offering convenient push notifications and seamless integration of travel itineraries, profiles, and flight status updates into the familiar BlackBerry Calendar,” said Jim Tobin, Senior Vice President, Software and Services at RIM. “We also think the BlackBerry Travel app represents a great opportunity for travel industry leaders to work with RIM to deliver enhanced services and better travel experiences for their customers, and new revenue opportunities for travel providers.”
- Stay informed on flight changes & cancellations.
- Get seamless integration with emailed itineraries – the app automatically grabs your info.
- Find the best places to eat and shop with Yelp®.
- Quickly search & book hotels right from the app.
- Get recommendations for items you may have forgotten or booked incorrectly.
- Be prepared with 5-day weather forecasts & a currency converter.
- Share your travel plans with friends, family & colleagues by email or on LinkedIn®.
The BlackBerry Travel App was built in collaboration with WorldMate, a leader in mobile travel platforms. Currently, the BlackBerry Travel App is available as a beta download from the Test Center category on BlackBerry App World (www.blackberry.com/appworld) for BlackBerry smartphones running OS 5.0 or higher. For more information please visit www.blackberry.com/travel.
Are you looking for a handy application to get the daily deals directly to your BlackBerry? If your are in Canada and US, the new Groupon App is perfect for you, it will allows you to find local deals and display coupons right on your BlackBerry devices. With this App, you can show the coupon to the retailer directly and you will never have to print the coupon again.
This Groupon App fully supports BlackBerry devices with OS 5.0+ and it is totally FREE in BlackBerry App World now. Get this cool App right now by clicking on below link:
Download Groupon App
This Free Newegg Mobile App now allows BlackBerry users to search, browse, shop, read reviews and make purchases directly from their site via the BlackBerry devices.
Some of the Key Features:
- Comprehensive product specifications.
- 1.7+ millions customer reviews.
- Detailed item image gallery.
- Quick and simple shopping flow.
- Simple and quick search function: Search by category, Guided search, Advanced search and Sorting.
- Good for deal hunting: Shell Shockers, Daily Deals and Free Shipping.
- All purchases made on Newegg Mobile are routed through Newegg’s secure servers.
The App sounds great, but it doesn’t support BlackBerry Torch this moment! Hope the developer can update it soon!
Download Newegg Mobile App from BlackBerry App World
Yahoo Finance is one of the top 5 financial portals in the Internet. Its not surprising a roll out of smartphone apps for the Yahoo fanance was just a matter of time. I’m just glad the Blackberry was one number one in their list.
Yahoo Finance for the Blackberry currently has these features;
- Currency Search
- Financial new aggregator
- Stock quotes and graphs
- View your Yahoo Finance Portfolio
- Real time data and after market analysis
Overall the software is a solid financial app for the blackberry I can’t for them to open a UK version.
OTA download: Yahoo Finance Blackberry
Poynt is a free, convenient and timesaving application that connects consumers to people, local businesses and theaters. Consumers enter search terms to find businesses and movies near them, get phone and address information, access movie reviews and trailers, and purchase movie tickets. Users can search using GPS or cell-site locates as well as by manually entering an address. Users can also look up friends, relatives or colleagues near them, then find local businesses and movies nearby.
Poynt seamlessly integrates with BlackBerry® Email, BlackBerry® Address Book and BlackBerry® Calendar to allow users to share search results, save contact information, and set reminders or invite friends to a night out at the movies.
- Intuitive interface and GPS compatibility provides quick & convenient all-in-one access to business listings, movie information and mapping / directions;
- Save time and money by locating businesses near location, plan route for multiple stops; Eliminate 411 directory fees;
- Minimize frustration – Easily find and contact businesses using built-in click-to-call, click-to-browse and click-to-map features, regardless of where you are;
- Minimize confusion – Share listing info with friends and colleagues to confirm meeting location;
- Voice Navigation System Integration – in addition to mapping through BlackBerry® Maps and Google Maps, Poynt users with access to Voice Navigation Services Gokivo, VZ Navigator and Telus Navigator can select those services as their preferred navigation solution to map route within Poynt, allowing you to take advantage of audible turn-by-turn directions and auto-rerouting.
- Blackberry OS version 4.2.1